Saturday, March 23, 2013

Baby Tanner: The Arrival

We just moved into our new house and the doctor told me that I wouldn't make it through the weekend being pregnant.  I was pretty excited. It has really been a long road this time around.  I rushed and ran to get food bought, laundry done, and new beds for people since Case was still on the crib mattress and people were coming to stay. And then...nothing.  The weekend came and went, the next week did the same and no baby. Actually I had less contractions since meeting with the doctor than I had everyday in the preceeding months.  I was beyond frustrated! If you have been in your last month of this baby hatching business, then you understand where I am coming from. Eventually I finally posted my frustration on facebook that the baby was never going to come and my contractions started one hour later.  My contractions started at 6:30 and were 10 minutes apart and by the time we left 30 minutes later, drove 25 mile and arrived at the hospital, they were less than 2 minutes apart. Wow. I have had two other kids but I was never in as much pain as with this one. I was practically convinced that this baby was going to be born in the car on the way.  To make matters a little more complicated, we had just moved into our new house and we didn't know anybody.  So we hauled the kids to the car and we figured they could hang out with us in the room for a while until grandma and grandpa Eborn got there. Well silly me, I forgot that it was RSV season and absolutely no children were allowed in the maternity ward.  Crap.  Crap. Crap. or something like that.  We were out of options so we called some friends from our old town and they drove the 60 miles to the hospital. In the meantime, I am in the delivery room all by myself because Devin has to stay in the waiting room with the kids. I was fully convinced that I was going to have this baby all by myself without an epidural because it wasn't going to be ready in time.  I was a little panicked. I honestly have never experienced anything like this.  It had already been such a whirlwind experince the last few months and I was nervous.  But, everything worked out. Our friends came and got the kids, Devin was able to come back (after the pain had subsided and the epidural was in...convieniently-hehe), Grandma and Grandpa had arrived, and we had waited as long as we could. They had waited to break my water until Devin could come back, which was good because our sweet baby arrived only 15 minutes after.  So start to finish, my entire experience of labor ,driving, delivering was only 4 hours. FAST!
Photo: Newest member of our family, Tanner Philpott, 7 lbs 14 oz, 21 inches tall

Photo

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute family!! Blog often so we can keep in touch. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy fastness! I'm glad you wrote the story down. that little picture at top of baby Tanner is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious, Rach! Congratulations! Your family is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! Sounds like it was quite the day! But I am glad everything worked out. I need to call you, it has been too long.

    ReplyDelete