Monday, September 24, 2012

Crazy lady...crazy thoughts

I am full of crazy these days. Sometimes it helps to get some of the crazy and random thoughts out...which is what this post is all about....

I have decided to organize my home and document it. Those of you who know my blogging habits are probably laughing that I would actually do commit to this,but it's true. I am going to pick one area at a time and organize it. I also want to do this on a budget cause lets face it, I'm super cheap.

I am starting to get a little freaked out because I just realized I will have 3 kids 3 years and under. Yes, this did JUST occur to me.

I have had the itch to go somewhere for about a month now. I think it has something to do with the fact that when this baby comes, I won't be able to be away from him. That is a good thing but every once in a while I would like to, I don't know, have a date night. I know crazy idea but it's true.

 I like macaroni and cheese after it has been sitting awhile (we have been eating it a lot lately).

I should really start writing down the weird things I say to my kids. This morning I told Reagan that we don't put cheese on our feet.  Multiple times a day I tell Case that we don't eat things that are already in the garbage can. I told Devin that I accidentally stepped on Casen last night when he fell out of his bed. I am blind without  my glasses. Sorry Case.

I have been planning Reagan's Halloween costume since July. I ask her daily what she wants to be and the details of her dress because I am terrified that she will change her mind and refuse to wear the costume that I want to make her.

I hate maternity clothes. Hate hate hate. The pants are weird and come up to your armpits and I feel even more giant than I really am... Looks like its sweats for me :)

I miss running. It's a love-hate relationship but it is a relationship that I have missed and long for. Sometimes I struggle with the fact that I need to take it easy or that my body doesn't work the same when I am pregnant. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize the baby and his health. It's a struggle. Running shoes: we will have our relationship back in about 6 months ish.

I bought soda pop in cans for the first time since I have been married and it was a mistake. I LOVE root beer. It is my addiction that I never knew I had. Most of my life i have stayed away from pop because I hate the carbonation feeling in my throat and I feel like I can't breath, but I didn't know what I was missing.

Halloween is my favorite time of the year. I love the season change and I love the fun atmosphere. I use to love scary movies but now I cant watch one without having some messed up dreams...it's not worth it.  Devin has already been informed of the bucket list I have planned for this next month. He's a good sport.

The other day in about a one hour period the following occurred:
      I was cooking dinner and it was Mongolian beef with brown rice and broccoli in the wok. That pretty much means for me that it needs constant attention because the steps move fast in the high heat so Casen decides to go on destruct mode.  First he rips a picture off the wall and it comes all apart with the glass in perfect playing reach then he tried to put a full pop can in the sink and didn't make it. The can fell back and nailed him in the eye...bleeding followed. Next he attacked the trash can tearing everything out until he reached the sick-and-nasty foam/blood catcher from the beef.  He then proceeded to play with the nasty thing until I realized what was going on.  I quickly washed him up and put him in the living room with cartoons on, hoping that would solve the problem. I gathered the trash up and ran in outside to the garbage can. I was gone maybe 10 seconds. In that time Casen got another pop can and it exploded. It just so happened to be a bight red pomegranate 7-up.  When I found him he was head down, bum up in the air and slurping.  At this point I was laughing because my ENTIRE kitchen was covered in red pop and I was pretty sure I might cry if I didn't.  Don't forget I have food cooking still that I am desperately trying not to destroy at this point. After I take pictures and lay towels down to cover the mess Reagan walks into the kitchen, "Mom, the floor is sticky!". Ya I know.  The night didn't end there... it just goes to kids and their bodily functions in inopportune times i.e. during dinner and in the middle of the night, so you can use your imagination.  Bless those sweet little kids of mine!


There is still lots more crazy bouncing around between these ears..... But I will spare you for now.




4 comments:

  1. LOL!! Oh Rach, you are a good woman! I always love your crazy stories. You are such a great mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with pete....love your crazy stories. share them more often please! and show us a picture of your cute baby belly already geez! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! I want to see cute baby belly pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha--these are hilarious! (Well, I'm sure that some of them weren't so hilarious when they happened, but they certainly seem hilarious to me!).

    I loved reading this post and catching up a little bit on your life; you should try to post more often (although with two kidlets and one on the way, I'd say you're pretty covered in the excuse department for not having time).

    Love you, friend! Hope you're doing so well, esp. with the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete