Friday, May 18, 2012

Five Year Hoopla




Happy anniversary. Five years ago (and a few months, but get off my back we finally have time so celebrate) Devin and I got hitched. You hear people say that the first few years are the hardest in a marriage. We have had an amazingly wonderful 5 years and if this was suppose to be a hard time in our lives, I am thrilled. I married someone who is my best friend and my greatest match. I think about what makes our marriage wonderful and I credit Devin. He is someone who is everything that I never knew I needed. Well enough of the sappy stuff... Devin and I took an amazing trip for our anniversary. We went on a beautiful cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman Island.  It was a unreal. One of my favorite parts (that i amazingly didn't take any pictures of) was the exquisite food that were ate a lot of. And really, I mean a lot!  Buffets, deli's, 24 hr pizza, room service, dining rooms, unlimited ice cream-- need I go on. Devin even tried some frog legs- they looked like frog legs- that freaked me out a little. I also enjoyed the  chocolate buffet-A-MA-ZING!!! Between the chocolate melting cake and fresh baguettes served daily, I gained a happy 5 pounds, but believe me, it was definitely worth it! Happy 5 amazing years Dev!


Getting ready to horseback ride on the beach and in the ocean on the beautiful island of Jamaica.




Me on good ole' Champion

 For some odd reason Devin has a ridiculously small horse named Pretty Boy


 Unbelievable experience! Swimming with the stingrays was so much fun. We got to feed them and kiss them! Some kiss back!
 Devin's uhhh "kiss" back. He was feeding one stingray and another sucked his arm.  Doesn't take long to leave their mark!
 Riding back to town on the catamaran
 A fraction of the chocolate buffet
 Sunset on the top deck. So romantic and relaxing.
 Off to the dining room for more food!
 Lovin us some stingrays.  Muahh
 Stingray giving us some love

5 comments:

  1. Holy Beautiful-ness!! Just look at that water and those skies! So glad your happy 5 was appropriately celebrated! Rach, you look so great and I L-O-V-E that lipstick you have in the top pic. Lipstick is amazing on you, and I think you have inspired me to maybe step out of my usual make-up routine to try some out. Blog MORE so I can see your face MORE! Love you guys ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete! Thanks for the comment on my lipstick. I think it is the first time since 8th grade that I put it on! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys had fun. I'm still jealous and can't wait for Kyle and I to take a trip like this one day. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the 5 years rach!! so glad you got to get away and have so much fun just the two of you :) and i noticed the lipstick too....maybe i should attempt it sometime too? you look so pretty!! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Devin and Pretty Boy will look great on the picture board. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete